How to organize your notes?
How do you organize your notes?
In general there are many approaches, none are better or worse. They are just different.
- random mess
- notes are not organized
- daily notes first
- everything is recorded into daily notes
- this is my current choice
- content first (aka. atomic notes)
- a new note is created whenever you start to write
- topic first
- notes are organized into index pages or MOC (Map of Contents)
- action first
- notes are organized based on the context in which you will use it
How to use Tagging for Personal Knowledge Management
The cycle of building knowledge
- Tag notes according to the actions taken or deliverables created with them
- By action – What actions have you taken (or will you take) with this note?
- By deliverable – What have you used (or will you use) this note to deliver?
- By stage of your knowledge lifecycle – Which stage is this note currently in (or does it best belong to)?