- Expense Ratio: 0.47%
- Inception: 2012-04-25
- Price as of 2022-05-24: $67.33
- Index tracked: Morningstar Wide Moat Focus 20 (TR)
- This ETF tracks an index of companies that have "wide moats" or sustainable competitive advantages that are very difficult for competitors to breach. These firms could make for great long term investments as they generally rely on either brand name power, have high switching costs, or use the "network effect" to prevent new entrants
- The fund has a heavy focus on giant and large cap firms, in other words, those that have exploited their advantages to the utmost
- The underlying index offers investors exposure to the most attractively priced companies that Morningstar's equity research team identified as having sustainable competitive advantages within their respective industries
- Investors should note that WMW offers virtually identical exposure and features no tracking error since it’s an ETN; however, WMW is more expensive than MOAT and also exposes investors to the credit risk of the issuing institution.