- Expense Ratio: 0.03%
- Inception: 2001-05-24
- NAV as of 2022-05-04: $207.62
- Index tracked: CRSP U.S. Total Market Index
- This ETF offers broad exposure to the U.S. equity market, investing in thousands of different securities across all sectors. That makes VTI an appealing option for investors looking to simplify their portfolios and minimize rebalancing obligations, as this fund can serve as a core holding of a long-term portfolio
- One of the most attractive aspects of VTI, in addition to the extremely broad base of holdings and balance of exposure, is the price. This ETF is one of the cheapest products available, and the ability to trade commission free within a Vanguard account further increases the appeal to cost-conscious investors
- One attribute worth noting, however, is the tilt towards large caps. While VTI includes companies of all sizes, the allocations to mid caps and small caps are not significant.