A gold ETF is a commodity ETF that consists of only one principal asset: gold. A gold ETF gives an investor an opportunity to gain exposure to the performance, or price movements, of gold; BUT not for an investor to own gold.
Most well-known gold ETFs:
Gold-Backed Cryptocurrencies are token collateralized by Gold. A company issues a token or coin that represents a certain value of gold. The gold then is stored by a trusted custodian or third party and can be traded on the market or with other holders.
List of tokenized gold projects:
- Nicoya Research | Gold-Backed Cryptocurrencies, a Better Alternative to Gold ETFs?
- Igor | A Comparison of Gold ETFs and Gold-Backed Cryptocurrencies
- Goldscape.net | A Complete Guide To Gold-Backed Cryptocurrency
- Invesco DB Gold ETF (DGL)
- PAX Gold (PAXG)
- Perth Mint Gold Token (PMGT)
- SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD)
- iShares Gold Trust ETF (IAU)