Publish documents and blog with Docusaurus
Docusaurus in 5 min from Docusaurus
Introduction docs of
Docuraurus can be found at link
Playground to test Docusaurus in browser, without installing anything. Read more at link
It is easy to translate a Docusaurus site with its internationalization (i18n) support. Read more at link
My thoughts on Version: 2.0.0-beta.13
- generate documents as a Single Page Application (SPA), dark mode
- Has sidebar navigation, menu bar, search bar, admonition, i18n built-in (crowdin plugin or alternative locale markdown files),
PreviousUI links at the end of each doc page, tabbed content.
- has url slug in frontmatter to generate a static URL for each md file
- when I reorganize the hierarchy structure of md files (ie. move to other folder, rename folder that contains md files, rename md files) in
docsfolder, I need to manually
- update doc IDs in my sidebar file, since notes hierarchy structure are hardcoded in sidebar file for sidebar for navigation
- update the reference links to other markdown files
- does not support wikilink style, need custom script to convert to markdown link. Or use a plugin in Obsidian to convert the link in notes within your vault.
- Tutorial in details by Zatta Production
- Tutorial in details by Danny Chávez
- Tutorial in details by LogRocket
- Basic tutorial by Victoria Lo
- Deployment guide from Docusarus.
- Integrate PostHog analytics (free alternative of Plausible) to Docusaurus v2 site by Evan Tay
- Fathom analytics plugin for Docusaurus v2
What I did step-by-step on my Windows 10 machine.
- Open terminal, go to the local folder of my workspace
- create a new Docusaurus site named
Result: a new folder
npx create-docusaurus@latest datadiva-docusaurus classic
datadiva-docusauruswill be created inside
- Login to my GitHub profile, create a new repo called
- Open terminal, go to folder
- Initialize git
- Add all files in current working folder and all other directories recursively that are not specified in the
git add .
- Commit the change
git commit -m "first commit"
- Create the branch
git branch -M main
- Connect my GitHub repo with my computer
git remote add origin email@example.com:h7b/datadiva-docusaurus.git
- Push changes from my local working folder to my remote repo
git push -u origin main
Deploy my Docusaurus static site on Render
The offical deployment guide from Render is for
Docusaurus v1. It's not applicable for site created with
Docusaurus v2 like mine.
Step-by-step to deploy my
datadiva-docusaurus static site on Render:
- Create a new Static Site on Render, and give Render permission to access your Docusaurus repo
- I use the following values during creation
- Build Command:
- Publish Directory: