- Ref:: bejamas
- Title:: Jamstack Explained
- Author:: Denis Kostrzewa
- Year of publication:: 2020
- Category:: Blog
Notes from reading
The Jamstack approach enables you to create fully dynamic sites while the real assets are pre-rendered static files deployed on CDN.
Static, in the case of Jamstack, does not mean fixed (for the lack of a better word), but rather server-free, i.e., the browser does not need the help of servers to handle dynamic parts first
To unlock the benefits of the Jamstack architecture today means to follow the best practices that the approach entails:
- serve project from a CDN
- the code is entirely in GIT
- automated builds and atomic deploys
- instant cache invalidation
- and use modern build tools to help you with all of that.