PAX Gold (PAXG) is a digital asset. Each token is backed by one fine troy ounce (t oz) of a 400 oz London Good Delivery gold bar, stored in Brink’s vaults. If you own PAXG, you own the underlying physical gold, held in custody by Paxos Trust Company.
Since PAXG represents physical gold, its value is tied directly to the real-time market value of that physical gold. The amount of gold representing the total supply of PAXG is a 1:1 ratio – one fine troy ounce of gold equals one PAXG token.
PAXG gives customers the benefits of actual physical ownership of specific gold bars with the speed and mobility of a digital asset. Customers are able to have fractional ownership of physical bars. You can redeem the token for physical gold at any time. PAX gold also allows token holders to redeem their tokens for gold even if Paxos were to go bankrupt.
The issuance of PAXG is approved by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS).
The minimum purchasable amount on the Paxos platform is 0.01 PAXG.
Paxos charges fees (from 0.15% to 1%, 0.02 PAXG minimum fee) for both the creation and redemption of the PAXG token, whenever you buy or sell PAXG from your Paxos account, on either the wallet or PAX Gold pages. Fee schedule is calculated based on PAXG tokens; USD is included in this chart as an estimate for reference only.
- This includes all sales or conversions of PAX Gold to or from USD, PAX, gold bars or unallocated gold
- These fees do not apply on the itBit exchange or anywhere else outside the Paxos wallet.
Whenever PAXG tokens are sent via Ethereum, Paxos charges a
0.02% transfer fee (on-chain transaction), and the Ethereum network charges nominal gas fees (in Ethereum).
- Sending a PAX Gold (PAXG) token from one ERC-20 address to another, such as when moving funds from a wallet to an exchange, is an
on-chain transaction; possession of the token is transferred and recorded on the Ethereum blockchain
- Standard "gas" fee
- Sending digital assets on Ethereum, requires computing power, or "gas". Just like any other Ethereum token, PAXG requires standard gas fees paid in ETH to compute the transaction
- PAXG on-chain transaction fee
- PAXG charges an additional fee. That fee is set to 0.02% of the amount of PAXG sent on the blockchain