- Ref:: Google Cloud
- Title:: Unlock collaboration with Google Workspace Essentials
- Author:: Kelly Waldher
- Year of publication:: 2022
- Category:: News
- Related:: Techcrunch
Notes from reading
Google announced a new free Google Workspace Essentials plan, in order to use Workspace with a non-Google email address.
The new free plan is essentially the existing entry-level Business Starter plan,
- with a reduced storage quota of 15 GB (down from 30).
- you can use Google Meet with up to 100 users for up to 60 minutes in each call,
- get access to Spaces for work collaboration and Chat for gossiping about their co-workers
- all of the standard tools like Sheets, Slides and Docs are also included
- no Gmail included
- there is a cap of 25 users per Essentials Starter team account, but multiple team accounts can be created within the same company
With this approach, small business can literally use Google Workspace with limited budget. They can register a domain name for USD 12/year, then signup for this new Essentials plan. If you need business email, Zoho Mail has plan starting at USD 1/month.