Technical analysis is a trading discipline employed to evaluate investments and identify trading opportunities by analyzing statistical trends gathered from trading activity, such as price movement and volume. Unlike fundamental analysis, which attempts to evaluate a security's value based on business results such as sales and earnings, technical analysis focuses on the study of price and volume.
- I am not a fan of technical-analysis or algorithmic trading. Even if these technical analysis theory are applicable, as a retail investor who is trying to wrangle financial data on my laptop, I strongly doubt that I can outperform the institutional investors / market makers with a team of financial engineers and computing power
- I look at the fundamentals and buy stocks with the intent to hold for profit. I expect to apply technical analysis (price data) into searching for the price movement and hopefully a better entry point.
- Anchored Volume Weighted Average Price (AVWAP)
- Money Flow Index
- Moving Average (MA)
- Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)